Hi, I am Brittany and I am the Data Operations Manager at Data Slam LLC. I wanted to provide some information to some of clients and as well as others that have questions concerning certain topics dealing with Digital Marketing and the tools that are used. I will keep it brief, but there is a lot if information to cover. In addition I will not throw technology jargon at you, it is important that you understand what and why I am explaining this to you. So if you have any questions or you would like to ask about our services and designs please contact us.
Coming Digital Marketing Trends of 2016
Hello again, I love when a new year rolls in. Why? Cause I get to read about all the new trends and what trended in 2015. But be careful where you get your information from; make sure that your resources are reliable. I can hear my past professors reminding the class.
So what is on the horizon for Digital Marketing Trends for 2016?
Bye Bye JavaScrpit, Mozilla FireFox and Adobe Flash
Know your target audience
The new statistics are in and they say no one wants to read anymore. Meaning that the tools in Digital Marketing have become top priority and having someone who knows how to use these tools are a must!
Audiences (meaning users, consumers, clients, customers, etc.) do not want to read lines and lines of text. They want bullet points or to the point information. They want to be dazzled with bold design and graphics, images and responsive elements (widgets and design).
Mobile Marketing Mobile Sites and Apps
Mobile usage and devices have finally surpassed the usage of desktops and other platforms. (No surprise) Did you know that there are more people that own a Smartphone or cellular device than toothbrushes?
People are conducting research and business on their mobile devices. Meaning if your media platforms and designs are not mobile compatible you better get them that way and fast!
More Video Content Coming Soon!
People are no longer reading, they was video! In 2016, be ready for an explosion of video content to flood the markets. People are tuning in more and more for educational –explainer videos as well as entertaining videos. And you can tell because social media markets are providing new platforms for their users, free of cost. From Pinterest to Facebook, and Youtube has offered different platforms commercial and ad free, plus platforms for children. How can this work for you? Depending on your industry or what your are trying to sell, or what information that you are trying to share; this media platform can be easily used and shared throughout your different digital marketing platforms. Oh I forgot do not forget about live streaming video.
Exposure and Budgets –
There are a lot of different tools out there that can be used to boost your audience and revenue. These tools are not as expensive as you think they are. Before hiring any marketing firm make sure you check pricing for their services. Ask questions how much this is going to cost? When you choose the service such as SEO, or PPC, Ad, Banner, Social Media marketing you should not be overcharged for these services. Depending on who that firm chooses to market with you should pay for that charge only. For example if you choose to boost a post in Facebook you should only pay the cost of what Facebook charges that firm. Be careful or you will get overcharged!
In 2016 paying for exposure on social media sites will be important. You have to remember that these social media sites are setup and indexed in every demographic area you can imagine and then some. Meaning you can reach a certain age group, occupation, gender, location or just about any other parameter you can think of. In addition to this you can set how much you want to spend. If you want to spend $5 to $2000 a month it is up to you. These social media sites also can provide you with detailed information on how your advertising is impacting your audience.
Online Shopping –
If you have a market site or you are selling goods on the World Wide Web then in 2016 there will be an increase of something call Social Shopping. This means that the social networks are now moving to platforms to allow Markets and Shopping on their sites. The “buy now” button is and will be now available on social media sites such as Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook.
All businesses (local, small and larger) will need to market throughout many different media platforms. Meaning they should advertise their content on different sites and social media platforms. You can always look into marketing automation, but be aware that marketing automation services and services are expensive and most likely you may be left with design process of the content which you want to market.
SEO and Search Engine Results-
As I mentioned before people do not want to read. When reviewing search engine results people 9 times out 10 will choose the results in page 1 probably out of the first 3 three results on page 1. But the little snippets of information that is coming up within those results are important as well. Again no one wants to read text heavy results. People want images, graphics, videos and to the point information. Meaning when they review those results and they click on that link they want that information to be right there in front of them. They do not want to scroll down through text and images to find what they are looking for.
Just the Facts: Here are the bullets points of the information, just in case you are like me and just want the facts.
- Know your audience – know who you are marketing to and who you want to reach.
- Mobile Marketing is dominating all platforms. Be ready to enter the mobile marketing realm. Remember Mobile Marketing has to be done correctly or you will crash and burn and spend a ton of money/time on a failure.
- Videos, Videos, Videos – Video content will soon fill all digital media platforms. Social media sites are already gearing up to accommodated these videos. If you do not have any video content you may want to think about creating some now.
- Exposure and Budgeting – Control your exposure and budget and this can all be done with social media sites and Google Adwords and Yahoo! Bing Advertising. You can now choose how much you want to spend when advertising.
- Social Media Online Shops – Social media have now setup platforms to host stores on their sites. So now you can use their search engine optimization and reach to sell goods and services.
- Marketing on multiple platforms at once – be ready to use all media markets available to you. You have to remember social media sites offer many of their services for free. What is hard is the content design, maintenance and layouts are complicated. To market at once on multiple platforms can be done several ways, bad news they all cost money.
- SEO and Search Engine Results – Once again no one wants to read lines and lines of text. Make sure that your results are to the point, on page 1 of the results and have bold and creative images.